Spanish Student Visa

Spanish student visa is required when you plan to stay in the country for more than 90 days.

You can apply for a student visa at your country of residence or at your country of origin.

You can also apply from Spain if you have a valid permit to stay in the country which is more than 30 days valid. If you want more information about applying for a visa from Spain contact us .

The spanish student visa application is personal. Only the student or a legal representative (parent /guardian) can apply for it. If a third person or company applies for the visa as a legal representative they are required to have a legal authorization.

Visa application shall be submitted within 120 days before the travel.

The visa will authorize you to stay in Spain until the end of your studies. However the visa will show a validity of 90 days; that is because once you enter in Spain you  have one month to exchange it for a TIE (student resident card).

The stamped visa shall contain a D printed

You will be required to translate all documents into Spanish by an official sworn translator. Please check the Ministry list of translators in 2021.

If your are under 18 at the time of your application there are some extra specifications you need to follow.

When your school program is shorter than 180 days you won’t be asked to submit Medical certificate.

You need to make an appointment at the Spanish Consulate website, you will find a link on the Student Visa section of the Consulate.At the appointment date you need to submit all the required documents. Consulate will inform you on how they will communicate the acceptance or rejection of your visa.Once you get the resolution the Consulate will stamp the visa on your passport.If you want to learn more on which documents must be submitted follow this link.

Open chat
Live and Study in Barcelona